Benefits of rubber roofing membranes
Thursday, May 01, 2014
EPDM rubber roofing membrane has been successfully used for roofing projects in the UK for the past fifty years. Its high usage is due to the relatively low cost of EPDM, its high degree of flexibility allowing for easy installation and its resistance to weather conditions which means the membrane lasts for years without showing signs of deterioration.
EPDM rubber is used in many areas of our lives such as for landscaping projects and the creation of water features, in the automobile industry including the manufacture of tyres, seals adhesives and moulded parts through to many industrial applications. With its varied use it has come to be recognised as a high quality versatile product.
EPDM is a rubber material consisting of the main compounds ethylene and propylene. A flexible rubber matrix is formed when a small amount of diene is added to the mix.
Reasons why EPDM rubber is regarded as one of the most superior roofing membranes available:
• Up to 400% elongation
• Temperature stable from -40°C to +120°C
• Resistant to the ozone and ultra violet rays
• Excellent chemical resistance
• Won't discolour masonry (therefore also used as a waterproofing membrane to seal window frames and cladding systems)
• Life expectancy of over 40 years
• Compatible with a wide range of substrates
• Contains no environmental pollutants
Want to install EPDM Rubber roofing membrane
or EPDM waterproofing strips
? Contact Us today to discuss project requirements and prices.
Tel: +44 (0)870 770 2800