Use this pond liner repair kit for those accidental tears or holes
Tuesday, June 26, 2018
Rubber pond liners are durable and last for many years, particularly when installed above a protective underlay. However, accidental damage from the claws of a visiting animal, beak of an unwelcome heron or a dislodged rock, for example, may result in a small hole or tear. Should this happen, the repair of a pond liner is possible with a good watertight outcome that will last for years if applied correctly.
Russetts Developments Ltd are proud to announce the launch of their Pond Liner Repair Kit. Rather than having to buy each item separately, you can now buy all you need to repair your pond liner
with comprehensive step-by-step instructions, in a neatly packaged box.
The pond liner repair kit comes with a waterproof repair sealant in a handy 80ml tube. This convenient size tube offers a highly effective and fantastic value for money repair sealant.
How to use your pond liner repair kit
- Clean the surface of your pond liner around the damaged area, and at least 150mm beyond of all traces of grime and algae. Use a scouring pad and clean water
- Ensure the cleaned area is completely dry before proceeding with the repairs
- Cut the patch big enough to have at least 30mm of patch around the outside of the hole. Ensure that the patch overlaps the damaged area by a minimum of 50mm on all sides. Cut the patch so the corners are rounded to prevent uplift when applied. A square patch can fray at the corners over time so should be avoided
- Peel the backing off of the repair strip and position the patch centrally over the damaged area, then working from the centre outwards, apply pressure to the patch using the roller supplied, with a flat outward motion until the entire patch has been applied.
- The roller will push out any air bubbles and fully seal the patch to the pond liner for a flush finish
- Apply the waterproof repair sealant all around the edge of the pond liner patch and make smooth using your finger while wearing the glove. This will stop the water pushing against the edge of the patch and slowly trying to lift it up.
RDL pond Liner repair kit
contains all the items you need to get your pond back to its maximum capacity without huge expensive!